Would you like to learn or have a reminder on what you could be doing in your garden or allotment each month? Would you like a couple of hours of practical learning, chatting and relaxing in beautiful scenery?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this workshop could be for you! Each month, we will go through what different activities you could be doing in your garden, have a hot cuppa and do some practical gardening together.
This workshop takes place at our therapy garden in Craig-Y-Nos, Swansea on the third Friday of every month. You can attend once or every month, if you would like some dedicated time each month to relax with like minded people, learn, garden and chat. You can also bring along any seeds or seedlings from home that you may be struggling with, and I will try my best to help.
During the workshop, we will cover:
– taking time to connect with our surroundings
– what seeds we can be sown that month
– what plants can be harvested that month
– how to sow and nurture your different plants successfully
– what gardening tasks you could do that month and how to do them; for example mulching, pruning, feeding plants, taking cuttings, seed saving and composting.
– a tour of the vegetable garden and practical teaching.
Just like us, different seeds need different conditions to thrive, so I can go through a range of seed choices and varieties including flowers and vegetables. You will leave hopefully full of knowledge and a bit more confident and relaxed.
The workshop costs £25, which includes all materials, light refreshments, comprehensive notes, a tour of the vegetable garden and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
This workshop takes places outdoors at our beautiful therapy garden within Craig-Y-Nos Country Park. Group size – 8 people.
Life at No.27 is a social enterprise and 10% of your ticket price goes towards our community wellbeing work.