BIG NEWS! We applied for the Aviva Community Fund and have been accepted! Which means we now have a Crowdfunding Page!
The aim is to raise enough funds to launch a new therapy garden and programmes in South Wales.
We are raising money to set up a new therapy garden, where we can offer free and low-cost gardening therapy and mental health support sessions. Designed to support children and adults in need, near Ystrystradgynlais in South Wales.
The funding will enable us to set up a new organic no-dig therapy garden in the local area and recruit a professional counsellor and horticultural therapist. We need to launch a new weekly children’s after school club and adult’s weekly mental health group for those struggling with mental ill health.
With enough funding we will also launch regular 6 week gardening courses for adults, where the community can come to learn all the basics of growing their own food, composting, soil science and more.
Giving those in the community somewhere safe at our therapy garden to come relax, talk if they wish, be themselves, meet others and learn new skills, all in the community garden.
How it works:
You, your friends, family and anyone else can donate, as well as Aviva employees. Aviva will then match donations between now and the next 83 days.
How will the Aviva employee donations work?
- Aviva is sharing £250,000 of the Aviva Community Fund across all UK employees. They will each have a £50 voucher, and it’s up to them to decide which project they donate to.
- Employee donations open on 1 November. Aviva employees will be able to choose which project they support with their £50 donation.
The Cost of Living Boost
- Projects accepted in the Financial Wellbeing funding area will receive additional match funding from Aviva.
- This means Aviva will match donations pound for pound up to £250 between 4 October and 31 December, or until the entire £2 million is allocated. So, if your project receives a donation of £50, Aviva will donate £50. If your project receives a donation of £500, Aviva will donate £250. You can find out more here.
- Any employee donations made to live Financial Wellbeing will be matched by the Cost of Living Boost.
Help us reach our target and receive a thank you gift too!
£15 or more – Life at No.27 Eco Tote Bag and Pin Badge
We’ll send you an eco-friendly tote bag with the Life at No.27 logo, a pin badge, plus a personalised thank-you note.
£40 or more – Become a Friend of Life at No.27
Become a special Friend of Life at No.27 and we’ll invite you to all our events and workshops. This is a lifetime membership! Plus we’ll send you a Growing for Wellbeing Resource Pack, Life at No.27 eco-friendly tote bag, pin badge and a thank-you note.
£150 or more – 1-1 Gardening Workshop and Mentoring
Do you know someone who would love two hours’ mentoring with our Director? Annabelle Padwick has years of experience of teaching and working with horticulture in community settings. We’ll also send you a Growing for Wellbeing Resource Pack, eco-friendly tote bag, pin badge and a thank-you note.