There is a new show on the block; it’s fresh, exciting, has royal links and is bringing the young gardening talent of the UK to the forefront.
It is the Ascot Spring Garden Show, taking place on the 13th – 15th April at the renowned Ascot Racecourse, Berkshire.
I will be heading there and this is your chance to win a 1 of 2 pairs of tickets to go for FREE too!
But before I share the important competition details, first I will share a bit more about the show and hopefully get you just as excited as I am.
Whilst the show is in its first year, there is no chance of it being amateur. The team behind the event brings an incredible wealth of experience; especially the Show Director himself, Stephen Bennett. As the man in charge of Chelsea Flower Show and all the other incredible RHS shows for over 28 years, he knows everything that is worth knowing about garden shows and I am sure will guarantee an incredible 3 days.
What I am most looking forward to and the feature that sets this show apart from the others is the 2018 ‘Young Gardeners of the Year’ Competition.
Now in its eighth year, the competition is organised by TV gardener and top gent David Domoney in association with The Prince’s Foundation for Building Community. Celebrating young and upcoming talent in the gardening world, it brings six of the UK’s leading horticultural colleges head-to-head in a challenge to create show-stopping, sustainable gardens.
The six contenders tasked with creating a masterpiece within a set 5m x 4.5m plot this year are:
Capel Manor, Middlesex
Pershore College, Part of the Warwickshire College Group
Shuttleworth College, Bedfordshire
Writtle University College, Essex (2017 champions)
Myerscough College, Lancashire
Reaseheath College, Cheshire
Good luck to all the 6 colleges and I look forward to speaking to you over the 3 days!
I certainly can’t wait to see these gardens unveiled at the show, alongside six stunning show gardens, the plant village and gardening talks theatre. Most importantly all enjoyed with a delicious botanical-themed afternoon tea scheduled in between to keep me fuelled walking around and keeping my arms strong for plant shopping galore!
That’s enough about the show now, for more details you can head to their official website or wait until my show video comes out after the event.
It’s time for what you really want – the competition and details on how to enter….
The Prize….Two pairs of tickets to the show on Sunday 15th April.
How to enter in 3 easy steps:
- Follow Life at No.27 and Ascot Racecourse on Twitter or Facebook; if you don’t already.
- Comment and share the blog post on either Facebook or Twitter to complete your entry into the draw.
- Double your chances of winning by tagging your friends and family in the comment for a bonus entry.
- Why not triple your chances too, by subscribing to my YouTube channel here and letting me know.
All entries across Twitter and Facebook will be collated and checked, with a lucky dip being drawn and two lucky winners announced on Sunday 8th April.
Want to get your hands on one of two pairs of tickets?
What are you waiting for? Get entering!
Terms & Conditions
– A lucky dip will be drawn announcing two winners, both receiving a pair of tickets on Sunday 8th April.
– The winners will be announced on Twitter & Facebook, receiving a Direct Message, where I will ask for both your email and postal address so that the Ascot Spring Garden Show organisers can send you your tickets directly.
– Entrants must be based in the UK and able to attend the event on Sunday 15th April.